Police Department Employment
Why Work for Brigham City Police Department?
Who We Are
Brigham City Police Department is one of the most progressive and proactive departments in Northern Utah. We provide round-the-clock service to the citizens of Brigham City, as well as assistance to other law enforcement agencies.
About Brigham City
Brigham City, known as the gateway to the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge, is one of the fastest-growing communities in Box Elder County. It is home to the annual Peach Days celebration, the Heritage Arts Festival, the pickleball Tournament of Champions, and the Summer Concert Series.
Brigham City offers a wide variety of year-round activities, including an 18-hole golf course; 10 city parks; tennis, basketball and pickleball courts; swimming pool; splash pad; and baseball and softball diamonds. Willard Bay State Park and Mantua Reservoir are nearby for swimming, boating, paddle sports, and fishing.
Brigham City Police Department offers a comprehensive benefits plan, including:
- Competitive salary w/guaranteed step increases
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- City contribution to HSA
- Life insurance paid by the city
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- URS retirement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation
- Paid personal leave
- Paid holidays (13/year)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Take-home vehicle
- Paid uniform allowance
- Credit for prior law enforcement experience
- Opportunities for paid overtime
- Sign-on bonus ($3,000-$5,000 DOE)
- Sponsorship through POST
- Department-purchased vest and firearm
- Discounts at community pool and golf course