MUST HAVE PREREGISTERED THROUGH THE RECREATION OFFICE
As a brief reminder, the schedule is as follows:
1st Grade Skills – 8:30am - 9:30am
2nd Grade Skills – 9:45am – 10:45am
3rd Grade Skills – 11:00am – 12:00pm
4th & 5th Grade Skills – 12:15pm – 1:15pm
Skills Sessions will be held November 4th, 11th, 18th, and December 2nd, and 9th at the Box Elder Middle School.
We look forward to your participation and help. Just a few reminders and expectations to help make it great. We are a guest at the Middle School Gym as it is the only facility we have to use for basketball. With this in mind all attendees must follow these rules while in the gym and attending Jr. Jazz skills/games.
These expectations are set by Box Elder Middle School and the Brigham City Recreation Department.
- Players and siblings of players must stay with their parent or guardian while in the gym at all times and also while visiting the restroom.
- There is no playing in the hallways and entryway of the gym and a parent/ guardian must accompany the minor when in the gym.
- Smoking and using e-cigarettes are not allowed in the building.
- No one is allowed under the bleachers at anytime.
- Use of the equipment and basketball goals is limited to the players that are playing during that time slot. Attendees/ spectators may NOT shoot hoops during the time players have access to practice or during a game.
- Appropriate gym attire must be worn inclusive of jersey, shorts and/or pants, and appropriate shoes (no open toed shoes while playing.)
- For safety reasons, personal items, gym bags, backpacks and other items should not be on the gym floor and all player belongings stored behind the bench.
- All lost and found items will be held for 1 week and then they will be donated.
- No Food is permitted in the gym at anytime. Water bottle only.
- There is no running in the hallways or entry area at anytime.
- All coaches/ assistant coaches are REQUIRED to get a background check and there are no “Fill In” Coaches allowed unless they have a background check with the Brigham City Police Department and have informed the Recreation Office prior to subbing for a Coach. 435-734-6610
- In the event there is a matter that needs to be addressed regarding the program, a call that was made, or any other issue please talk with your Coach and the Site Supervisor (Yellow Shirt) at the event.
- We do not tolerate any verbal abuse towards our staff or participants.
- The Red Shirt Youth staff are responsible for maintaining quality play, fair calls, and fun. Please be respectful to the staff and know that they are learning their roles and honing their craft.
- We encourage outstanding sportsmanship from ALL and hope that you will foster this in your players.
We appreciate your help in following these expectations to continue to have this facility for use of Recreation programs.
Brigham City Recreation