Skip Navigation Website Accessibility

Code Services

To report illegally parked vehicles:
(435) 723-5227

To report other code violations:


Brigham City works hard to improve the quality of life in our community. Improper property maintenance and nuisances can devalue, detract, and degrade the quality of any neighborhood. Code Services enforces codes that are designed to maintain a healthy, safe, and clean environment, carry out land use policy, and preserve the quality of life standards that residents and businesses enjoy in our community. We invite you to join us in this effort to improve our community.

Common Code Violations

  • Vegetation encroaching into sidewalks and streets
  • Improper height or placement of fences
  • Inoperable or unlicensed vehicles
  • Junk, debris, and salvage materials
  • Failure to maintain vacant buildings
  • Illegal advertisement signs
  • Installing oversized sheds and fences without a permit

Who may file a complaint and when may it be filed?

Any citizen may file a complaint whenever they observe conditions, uses of property or structures that are improper or potentially hazardous.

How is a complaint filed?

Except where an immediate life safety hazard exists, compliance actions begin with either a signed complaint form or written documentation from a public agency. Once the complaint form is complete, you may submit the form by email to Levi Tarver, by mail, or in person at the Brigham City Police Department located at 20 North Main, Ste. B, Brigham City, UT 84302.

What happens once I've submitted my written complaint?

The investigation process will typically begin once a code enforcement complaint has been received and processed. In order for the Compliance Officer to begin compliance actions, the violation must be documented from the road or from a neighboring property who has granted permission to view the site. Actual resolution of the issue can take weeks, months, and possibly longer, depending on the complexity of the issue and legal ramifications.